Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Turkey Meat Loaf

This is a meal that my 8 month old will shove into his face, and my 5 and a half year old step daughter will eat without complaining.  I eat it as well, and love every minute.
If you don't have kids you have NO idea how HUGE this is!

2 tablespoons water
1.5 tsp Ener-G egg replacer
1.5 lb Ground turkey (both white and dark if available)
2 cups chopped spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 small apples, peeled and diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 teaspoon ketchup or tomato paste
1 tsp cilantro
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste

Combine egg substitute and water and add the rest of the ingredients. Roll into two large oval shaped loaves. Place in glass pan coated in olive oil. Cook on 375 for 40 minutes or until cooked through. I have added diced sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, turnip, carrots and or parsnips in place of ingredient. The most tasty combo I've tried is the one I put in the recipe. I've found it to hold together better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment