Monday, June 13, 2011

The best cupcakes I can eat...

Ok.... So Delina wanted to make cupcakes yesterday.  This is my take on the recipes I searched through yesterday, and guess what?!  First time ever making gluten free cupcakes was a huge success.  They were DELICIOUS.  I even let her pick out some food dye free sprinkles, because food dyes drive me insane!!!  Here is what we did!!  Enjoy!!


Gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free Vanilla Cupcakes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour
1/4 tsp non iodized sea salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup  canola oil
1/2 cup Silk Pure Almondmilk, unsweetened
1 tsp pure vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350. Position rack in centre of oven. Grease cupcake pan with canola oil and set aside. Add sugar and eggs to large bowl mix thoroughly, until fluffy. Add flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, oil, milk and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place in centre of oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until centre springs back when touched and cupcakes are very lightly browned (bake about 35 minutes for nine-inch round, 40 minutes for eight-inch round). Cool on rack for five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan onto rack and cool completely before icing.

Gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free frosting

2 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.

Combine all ingredients and mix well. 

Top with India Tree Sparkling Sugar.  Because I HATE FOOD DYES :)

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried using ground almonds instead of flour yet? That's what I did last week when the muffins blew up. I am not sure if I get can get such amazing flour here. I have also been REALLY lax on the gluten free. BAD Lindsay. I am also eating dairy again- just little amounts and raw when I can. Henry seems fine- phew! SOY on the other hand.......... (I just don't want to eat it. It's really easy so be soy free actually. Just don't eat processed foods!)

    ReplyDelete