Sunday, October 19, 2014

Easy chocolate chip cookies.

I wanted cookies tonight. I wasn't going to stop til I got them. But I have a headache and I'm exhausted. Being a full time student, full time nurse and mom will do it to you. I was out of baking soda. This was very much a tragedy. Til I realized that pancake mix has leavening in it and I started thinking.

I had recently made cinnamon rolls with my favorite pancake mix, as well as pumpkin bread. This was gonna be awesome!!!

I threw this together based on my chocolate chip cookie recipe, without the egg substitute and gluten free flour, and of course since those are double chocolate cookies, I made other adjustments. Also, I adjusted for what was already added to the pancake mix, and created a recipe.  I decided since I had just made apple butter recently, that I could eliminate an egg and add that.  It usually makes things so moist.

Holy canoli, I wasn't wrong!!

It surprised me that the first time I made them, they were awesome, and I don't want to change anything about it.





Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup palm oil shortening
2 tsp bourbon vanilla
1 egg
2 tbs apple butter
2 cups Immaculate Baking Co. Organic Pancake & Waffle Mix
1 cup whole rolled oats
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks




Cream brown sugar and palm oil. Add egg, vanilla and apple butter. Continue to blend with hand held or standing mixer. Add pancake mix and oats. Blend on low til well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Fold in chocolate chunks.




Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown on edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment